30-hour program for those with a master's degree
$6,000 (with scholarship)
18-hour program for those with a master's degree
$3,600 (with scholarship)
Prices are approximate
The Online Principal Certification Program and Master of Education in Educational Leadership Online Degree are now being offered by SFA ONLINE. All students in the 30-hour and 18-hour Principal Preparation Program will receive a scholarship that will reduce the cost of the program to approximately $6,000* for master's and approximately $3,600* for certification only beginning in the fall. Contact the program coordinator if you are interested in forming a face-to-face cohort. A minimum of 10 students is required to offer off-campus face-to-face classes. Face-to-face courses offered off-campus incur an additional fee.
The program is nationally-accredited through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), has over a 90% pass rate on the TExES, and maintains a rigorous curriculum taught completely by highly qualified professors with successful leadership experience. A scholar-practitioner approach incorporates theory and practice-based learning that focuses on research-based leadership practices, curriculum and instructional leadership, data-driven decision-making, special programs, law, and school and community leadership. Field experiences and/or internship hours are included in all coursework. The university and department are committed to providing courses that are aligned to national and state standards, provide appropriate feedback for learning and growing, and are supportive of all students. The program has earned national recognition as a Recognized Program through the NCATE accreditation process.
*Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice by action of the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature
* Installment plans require an additional fee of $25.00. Parking permits can also be purchased for a fee.
* Fees required by the State of Texas for principal certification and SFASU Principal Preparation Program application fees are not included in the program costs.
* Cost of the Perkins College of Education student account for the Live Text data system is additional.
* If a student drops a course after classes begin, the full cost of the course without the scholarship will be charged to the student. Students are advised to consider carefully any decision to drop a course after classes begin.
* Scholarship is for Texas residents only.
* Face-to-face review session and administration of the certification release test required.
Dr. Janet Tareilo (Coordinator)
Kelly Morgan (Administrative Assistant)
Department of Secondary Education & Educational Leadership
SFASU P.O. Box 13018
Nacogdoches, TX, 75962
Copyright © 2001-2013 SFA ONLINE | STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY